Unable to link any bank account

Faylanafaylana
Contributor
Contributor

Spanish accounts don’t work with Paypal, I see. So I tried my Dutch bankaccount, but it says it’s unable to perform. Now I have had Paypal before with that account, but none of the accounts are online anymore. If there is a problem with this bank account number due to negative saldo or something (which Paypal says might be the reason a bank account is denied, so I saw on Google), then what should I do? Paypal doesn’t give me any option to fix this.. thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Faylanafaylana

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Faylanafaylana
Contributor
Contributor
I am opening a new account. Spanish is not a country in which Paypal works, so I need my Dutch bank account as I also live there. That’s the only problem, Paypal has a problem with that account for some reason I don’t know, and they won’t help me fix it.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Faylanafaylana

Why doen't Paypal work in Spain? As far as I can see from the link below it is fully functional or has that changed recently?

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Unless you mean of course that your Spanish account has been limited? If so then you need to resolve any issues as you would not be able to open another account until you do.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Faylanafaylana
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your time. Let me explain: When I created a new account (my previous account was shut down i think as none of my regular email addresses worked anymore and I havent used it for years) - I tried adding my spanish bank account. Paypal said it wasn’t correct and there was a link below saying which countries work with Paypal. There were only a few countries, and Spain was nowhere in the list. I assumed that was the reason that my IBAN was rejected when I tried linking that account nr. I tried linking my Dutch account, but that was impossible too. Then I thought; perhaps that account was limited or something, because I had used that one before. But I’m unable to resolve any issues because I dont have a Paypal account anymore with that Dutch account number, so if there are any limiting issues, I cannot resolve them. Paypal doesn’t mail me back to help me with my question. So; i cannot resolve any problems there MIGHT be with my dutch account and the list didn’t show any spanish possibilities.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Faylanafaylana

Paypal is available in 203 countries worldwide.

You can also add a Spanish bank account to a Spanish paypal account.

Not sure why you can't, your best bet is to give customer services a call and see if they can help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.