Unable to link TransferWise account to PayPal

mastergirl13
New Community Member

According to TransferWise they now support USD direct debit meaning that it could connect to PayPal. However, when I try to add my TransferWise bank account, it says that something went wrong. When I try to do it via the PayPal assistant, it says that the bank is not supported. According to TransferWise, this is a problem on the PayPal side of things.

Has anyone been able to connect their TransferWise account to PayPal successfully?

Also, who can I contact to solve this issue? No idea how to reach someone at PayPal.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

monguimet
New Community Member

same problem for me!

Login to Me Too

Greatstone
New Community Member

It is so frustrating to even get in contact with the helpline. All on automated telephone system and no one is available to help resolve the issue.

Login to Me Too

platoz
Contributor
Contributor

yep exactly the same issue. any update?

Login to Me Too

TheAstroChild
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to link the "WISE" (formerly TransferWise) card, but don't see it listed as an option to transfer funds to.
The error message is "the cards listed don't accept transfers just yet" and the list also includes a PAYGOO (Scandinavian Pay-as-you-go MasterCard service) card I've been trying to use with PayPal.

WISE Support gave me instructions on what they thought would work, but trying their "solution" didn't work at all.

WISE seems to be under the assumption that PayPal supports their cards and service, which clearly PayPal does not.

So how to remedy this?
Any ideas?

Login to Me Too

niknah0
Contributor
Contributor

I couldn't link the card until I went to the wise app and enabled the transfer limit on the card.  When I had unlimited transfers, nothing worked.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.