Unable to link ANY Bank account to Paypal

Goudreau91
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys,

i've been a paypal member since a couple of years now,back then i had my TD bank linked to paypal but this doesnt exist anymore i changed back over the years im with Tangerine now.

ive been trying for a whole week to link it to my Paypal account and i always get the same error saying "We're sorry, we're not able to process your request right now" i also tried the different ways to add it (Add bank or debit card directly) and i also tried adding my wife bank (Desjardins) instead since im kinda desperate lol

lately ive been also calling my bank maybe it was them but apparently everything is fine so they told me it should be on paypals end. so ive been messaging Paypal Agents 3 days in a row without anyone with a solution and the last one told me to transfer the money to someone i trust so they can cash the money for me .. is this a big joke .. 

I really hope someone can help me here i would greatly appreciate it!!!! thank you for your support!
*Sorry about my english im french*

Kind regards

-Goudreau91

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Just curious. How about your name and address details? Are they exactly the same as on your bank/card account. I do not think you will be able to add wife’s account as it won’t pass security checks because of name not matching between PayPal and bank account.
Login to Me Too

Goudreau91
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your answer! Yes all my basic informations are the same as my bank 😔
Login to Me Too

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Try again. When it says fail, close and straight away try again. I have had issue once but I went back within a minute and tried again and it linked. Have you ever had more than 2 PayPal accounts this bank account was linked to? Is your bank account active....like at least 0.01 on it? Some banks are not compatible with PayPal like online only or prepaid. Can your wife open PayPal with her account linked and you could transfer money to her account.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Goudreau91 

Tangarine i think is a virtual bank?

Most virtual banks paypal don't accept. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.