Unable to connect bankaccount to my paypal account.

Xito
Contributor
Contributor

I've been attempting to connect my bank account to my paypal account, to no avail. Here's the message I get: "We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later." At first I assumed it was wrong, so I tried everything: no capital letters, spaces, no spaces, etc. Nothing worked. I filled in an intentionally wrong IBAN and it then told me it was invalid, so I'm now sure that I've entered it correctly. I assumed it was a temporary issue on PayPal's side, but hours later the problem persists. I changed my primary phone number today because I got a new phone, so that might have something to do with it? If so, it would be great if it told me that I can't add a bank account for 7 days or whatever it is.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @Xito,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. Please be advised when you attempt to add a card or a bank account, withdrawal or send payments, we check for unusual factors associated with the particular transaction. In some cases, our internal security systems may block these actions for your protection. The unusual activity can be accessing your account from a different region, usage of unrecognized or restricted networks like VPN, public networks or an abnormal transaction. If you are still experiencing the same issue, allow our systems 48 hours to clear any potential flags that might have tied up to your PayPal account.

If the problem persists, please try contacting customer service by phone by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and then Call us, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Xito
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, thanks for the reply. About a week later, problem is still here. Everything is normal, same computer on which I'm logging in, same network, everything. Just the changed number. Is there a cooldown for actions such as adding a bank account whenever you change vital information like phone numbers?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @Xito

That's a great question. No, there isn't any downtime needed after updating a phone number. If you're still experiencing an issue, please reach out to our phone support team so we can look further into us. Cristina provided steps to locate our contact information in the previous response. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

jolandejuliette
New Community Member

Hi @PayPal_Cristina and @PayPal_Tricia,

I'm experiencing the samen problem. My bankaccount was successfully connected before, until I accidentally cancelled my direct debit in my bankaccount. I've de-blocked PayPal in my bankaccount succesfully (one week ago), but the problem still isn't solved in PayPal. Because of COVID19, I'm not able to call customer service (phone line is disconnected) so I'm stuck with a non-working PayPal which I use quite often.

Can you please help me fix this? I'm given the same error as @Xito.

Best wishes,

Jolande

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.