Unable to claim or transfer funds to bank account ?

Sorileus86
Contributor
Contributor

I just received a payment from a customer into my account, and it shows I can now *claim* it. How ever when I attempt to claim it and send it to my bank account I get an error message that says *Right now, we’re not able to complete this transaction.* 

Why is this happening ? I have my bank linked and confirmed ? 

This is also holding up shipping of the item, as I will not ship it without knowing I actually received the payment, which may also make the deal go south and I really can't afford that to happen when this customer has been waiting for some time to get the item.

Some help with this issue would be much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sorileus86

Ebay or private / other transaction?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sorileus86
Contributor
Contributor

It was private, we were attempting to go through a site for the transaction but the buyer ended up having to use there own paypal to send the money instead. Now its just sitting with paypal, and I am unable to transfer it even though it wants me to claim it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sorileus86

Double check the email address that you gave to the buyer and make sure that either you or her did not make a spelling error with it AND its the one that is linked and verified to your paypal account.

Also was it sent in your countries currency?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sorileus86
Contributor
Contributor

It's spelled correctly and is also the only email on my account, and is in the correct currency. I'm at a loss at the moment and this is irrigating the hell out of me, it shouldn't be This much of a hassle to transfer funds.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sorileus86

Are the funds actually showing in your paypal balance?

Are they cleared and not pending?

Does the name on your bank account exactly match the name on your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sorileus86
Contributor
Contributor

My PayPal isn't business, so no I can't see pending etc or a balance, all I can see is that there is a claim and the amount, and below that a summary of my recent activity. Also, my sister just made a transfer from her account to the bank, and the only thing different in regards to names is that neither of us used our middle initials.

Login to Me Too

Sorileus86
Contributor
Contributor

Issue has been resolved, had to call PayPal to get them to lift a "block" that was preventing the transfer, how ever no where on my account did it say I had any kind of limitation in place. That's extremely annoying when your in the middle of a deal that may go south because of impatient's and time. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.