Unable to add my credit card to my paypal account

mai3
New Community Member

Hello,

I badly need answer with my question right now. My colleague added my credit card to her paypal account without my consent. Yesterday I asked her to remove my card and she said she already removed it. I know paypal wont allow to use one card in two accounts so what I am trying to do right now is adding my card to my own paypal account. Now I am starting to panic because I can't linked my card to my account and I got a message that this card is still linked to another paypal account. My question is, will it take 24hrs to finally remove a card to a paypal account? Or does this mean that the card is still linked to my colleague's paypal account?

Please help.

Thank you,

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mai3 

PayPal does not allow linking a card that is under your name to someone else's account (names have to match on card and PayPal account) and quite frankly I don't know why the system didn't stop that from happening in the first place. PayPal system remembers cards even though you removed them to know if a card was previously linked before to an account. Link a different card or call customer service to reset the card:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mai3 

PayPal does not allow linking a card that is under your name to someone else's account (names have to match on card and PayPal account) and quite frankly I don't know why the system didn't stop that from happening in the first place. PayPal system remembers cards even though you removed them to know if a card was previously linked before to an account. Link a different card or call customer service to reset the card:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.