Unable to add card to account

Gpolite
Contributor
Contributor

So for the past few months i have been trying to add my credit card to my account. When i do so i get an error stating “this card is linked to another PayPal account. Try another method.” We’ll its not on another account - I even called to confirm that. My fiancé was able to add it to her account no problem and then immediately deleted it. I tried again.. no luck. We tried to add her card to my account after deleting it from her account, same message. After calling several times and being transferred to the fraud department I was told there was nothing I could do. Once a card is ever added to an account you cannot add it to another (even if it’s not on another one currently). After reading on PayPals faq page I came across this: a card can only be linked to one account at a time. If you already have a card linked, remove this card from your account then link the new one. So now I’m really confused. Has anyone ever had this happen? If so how did you fix it?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.