Unable to Link Bank Account

DShostakovich
Contributor
Contributor

For several days I have tried each day to link a Chase Business checking account to my personal PayPal account but can't.  First, when I try to link the account I immediately I get this error: "We were unable to link your bank instantly.  Please enter your bank information below."

When I follow that direction and try to link with the alternative "2 trial deposits" method, I immediately see this error: "Sorry, we are not able to process your request.  Please try again later."

I was able to change my only linked bank account a few days before without a problem.  I thought maybe I couldn't have more than one bank account linked, so I deleted the newly linked account I just added and tried again the next day to link the business checking account with the same result.  Just now I've tried to add back the personal account I had deleted and I'm now getting the same errors for that.  I've looked at other posts and none of the advice seems to explain why I am having problems.  Please help.

Login to Me Too
86 REPLIES 86

BrettH1
Contributor
Contributor

My solution was to repay my PayPal credit balance in full and stop using PayPal credit. With a problem like this impacting so many people, I am surprised that no one has fixed this problem. I am sure that by now PayPal must know something is wrong.

Login to Me Too

svartalf

Nope.  It's not a temporary problem.  One year later and the same **bleep** thing.

Login to Me Too

wojtas91

looks like the problem is still relevant after a year

Login to Me Too

Jigisha8
Contributor
Contributor
I am not able to link the bank account which is in India Previously I had the same bank a/c was linked and was able to receive payments I deleted the account later but now try adding again but from 3 weeks just not able to link it Contacted @AskPaypal on twitter but they asked to contact customer service and when I tried calling its coming customer lines r closed and call gets disconnect automatically Paypal support on twitter very bluntly telling they canot help anymore in this matter I have money in my Paypal account snf unable to link my bank account anf withdraw money. Please can you help in this matter?
Login to Me Too

Shelly31
Contributor
Contributor
I found out my problem was I had just opened a new bank account just for PayPal and hadn’t put any money in it yet. I thought the bank clerk had done it as I asked but she must have forgotten. As soon as I transferred money into it I could link instantly.
Login to Me Too

Boots603
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there! I tried to add my bank account to my PayPal back in September 2019. I went to put in the small deposit numbers on the screen and the system froze and didn't work. It said too many attempts exceeded when I was trying to put in the correct deposit amount. Now my bank account is blocked/locked in their system somehow and I can't link my bank account to my PayPal. This is hopeless. How did you get your issue resolved?
Login to Me Too

Eyedetic
Contributor
Contributor
Nope. That is what my problem it's. Except I had changed my username for Bank and that **bleep** things up but I get the same kind of messages when I've tried.
Login to Me Too

okwir

Pay does not get in contact with these issues, I have tried to link the bank account for days and it doesnt work, I wonder how I will ever get my money

Login to Me Too

DShostakovich
Contributor
Contributor

My problem is transferring money to PayPal.  So far, transferring it out hasn't been a problem.

Login to Me Too

DShostakovich
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, the problem was never solved (I spoke too soon).

After calling several times and adding the bank account over and over, the CSR finally added it successfully while I was on the phone.  Then I made a transfer from that new account to my PayPal balance and it seemed to go through - that is, it said the transfer was successful, even though it just started the process that takes several days.

Then, a few days later, I get an email saying the transfer didn't go through and they removed the linked account from my PayPal profile.  So I'm back to square one as of today.  Also, the PayPal error messages are very misleading because they'll claim something like transfer was unsuccessful because the account was closed (not true). The message will state you should call your bank.  I did several times and the bank tells me that PayPal never made any attempts to connect.

This problem is on PayPal's side.  And while I can't believe they don't want you to transfer money TO your balance, that's how it's working out.

In all fairness, I just changed my phone number, added 2FA, delinked an old bank account while trying to add this new one and haven't transferred any money into my balance in a year and a half - that looks suspicious.  I was told that changing everything at once looks like someone took over my account. So I understand the need to keep having the CSRs help add the account over and over until their security becomes less sensitive, but I am trying to transfer money INTO my account, not out.

I did get one personal checking account linked a few weeks ago, so I'm just going to settle for that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.