Unable to Link Bank Account

DShostakovich
Contributor
Contributor

For several days I have tried each day to link a Chase Business checking account to my personal PayPal account but can't.  First, when I try to link the account I immediately I get this error: "We were unable to link your bank instantly.  Please enter your bank information below."

When I follow that direction and try to link with the alternative "2 trial deposits" method, I immediately see this error: "Sorry, we are not able to process your request.  Please try again later."

I was able to change my only linked bank account a few days before without a problem.  I thought maybe I couldn't have more than one bank account linked, so I deleted the newly linked account I just added and tried again the next day to link the business checking account with the same result.  Just now I've tried to add back the personal account I had deleted and I'm now getting the same errors for that.  I've looked at other posts and none of the advice seems to explain why I am having problems.  Please help.

Login to Me Too
86 REPLIES 86

Boots603
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply, but I feel like I'm not getting anywhere with PayPal. They won't link my bank account because it's blocked on their system for some weird reason. I followed all the directions correctly when trying to link my bank account and it didn't go through so it's hopeless.
Login to Me Too

JanaStanova
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I have totally the same problem, my account has limited access and when I try to link bank account it is not working! It is my bussines account and PayPal seems to making only problems, they have 10% from each transaction but the service from their side is ZERO!!!

Login to Me Too

Duran5life

what's the solution??

Login to Me Too

Temp20230525DO
Contributor
Contributor
I am having the same issue... I keep trying to link my bank account and it just says unable please try again later.. Wouldn't mind but ebay only uses PayPal so if you can't get your money for an item what's the point in it. PayPal works off bank accounts so why won't it link it. I've used the same bank since I was 16 (12 years ago) and it's been linked to my PayPal but for some reason it's no longer linked and I can't get my money I've tried all the clearing cookies and cache but nothing works. A bit of advice/intervention would be nice.
Login to Me Too

ROHANHUSSAIN
Contributor
Contributor

Temp20230525DP
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same issue I am having.  My bank account has been linked for over a decade and I have never had an issue.  I have money sitting in my PayPal account that I am unable to transfer to my bank because the accounts are no longer linked for some reason.  I've spent three days of my life going around in circles with the PayPal automation.  I can't email the help desk and I can't speak to an agent due to COVID.  Seriously??!! They don't have people answering the phones from home?  I am so fuming mad that I can't access my money!!!  Can anyone please help?

Login to Me Too

AJAY28
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the exact same issue.

I had my bank account linked for years.

It asked me to confirm it so I messaged paypal via the live chat. Finally managed to get in contact with an agent. Whom then resent the confirmation code.

Upon entering the code i received in my bank account summary page. It REMOVED my bank account from paypal!!

Now it wont let me re-add it!! I have now gone through the long process of trying to contact an agent again. Only to be told that the bank account is showing as security risk give it 48-72 hours and try again. I gave it a week just to be sure. Tried it againg this morning and still the same bloody error. I have paypal credit setup and need to get my bank account added again.

Login to Me Too

jasondor
Contributor
Contributor

same. 

PayPal  REMOVED my bank account from my PayPal!!

i need to get my bank account added again.

please some one from PayPal can you pls HELP!

Login to Me Too

AJAY28
Contributor
Contributor

@jasondor 

Hi Mate

They finally responded to my message via the help centre.

It has been officially one week since my account was removed.

The agent now stated that she can see my account and has the ability unlock it.

After she did this i tried to readd it and it worked, i was also able to confirm the bank account via the 4 digit pin.

Their security blocks must last for 7 days or so, or the agent i had this time round had higher privellages. God knows! But mine is sorted now.

I would try doing what i have done to get it sorted again matey.

Login to Me Too

I am having the same issue and I need to link a means to pay my paypal credit bill!   I called, they said "chat"  I waited hours and it disconnected me!!!!   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.