Unable to Link Bank Account

DShostakovich
Contributor
Contributor

For several days I have tried each day to link a Chase Business checking account to my personal PayPal account but can't.  First, when I try to link the account I immediately I get this error: "We were unable to link your bank instantly.  Please enter your bank information below."

When I follow that direction and try to link with the alternative "2 trial deposits" method, I immediately see this error: "Sorry, we are not able to process your request.  Please try again later."

I was able to change my only linked bank account a few days before without a problem.  I thought maybe I couldn't have more than one bank account linked, so I deleted the newly linked account I just added and tried again the next day to link the business checking account with the same result.  Just now I've tried to add back the personal account I had deleted and I'm now getting the same errors for that.  I've looked at other posts and none of the advice seems to explain why I am having problems.  Please help.

Login to Me Too
86 REPLIES 86

Mohammadhossein
Contributor
Contributor
What should we do with the same problem?
Login to Me Too

Eyedetic
Contributor
Contributor
What solution worked?
Login to Me Too

LR89
Contributor
Contributor
I have tried the best I could to find solution but I don't get Any help
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

@ LR89,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Help and Contact link at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Alfireishi
Contributor
Contributor
I do have the same problem for last two days and the customer service says, wait for 48 hours and try again. Its a Canadian Bank with branches all over Canada. And they do not have that Bank Listed in the Bank List and I cannot add the Bank, it says error.
Login to Me Too

BrettH1
Contributor
Contributor

I finally got a hold of someone in the chat and their response was to change banks and try again. I am not going to close a bank account that I have had  for over thirty years and move to another one just to link a bank account with pay pal. Besides how will I know that the new  bank account will not have the same problem as well? I am just calling paypal credit's bank [Removed. Phone #s not permitted] manually and making my payments there and will quickly pay the balance off After that I will no longer use them again. This is ridiculous (as well as unsafe money wise) that a company dealing with banking and financial translations has no customer service people answering the telephone to speak to when there is a problem.

Login to Me Too

Alfireishi
Contributor
Contributor
Absolutely, you are correct.. and I looked for the call option and it says the wait times are One hour fifty minutes for the reply. The chat support person comes after long time every message and give some standard reply. he says he cant remove the block by the system , wait for 48 hours and try again. You are correct, I cannot change the bank which I am doing banking for last eight years for this. Previous I had good services and used it well. But came back after some time and this is the state
Login to Me Too

KamalJeetMaurya
Contributor
Contributor

Link a Bank Account Problem

Login to Me Too

CocoaAsia
Contributor
Contributor

their customer service is not very helpful... we';ve been at this for the past 2 weeks still no resolution, kept asking us to link the account but we were unable to due to their backend error and they limited our account because of this 1 thing we couldnt resolve

i'm at a deads end hence writing in the community. i really dont know what to do! we've tried everything. 

Login to Me Too

ROHANHUSSAIN
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.