US$ account for customer currently in canada

carledgar
Contributor
Contributor

All my online business is conducted in US$. Can I get a Paypal acct for that? It didn't used to be possible

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_JonK

Hello @carledgar

Welcome to the PayPal Community! That's a great question. You can receive and hold USD in your PayPal balance, and you can even send and spend USD from that same balance / holding. However, when transferring funds to your CAD bank, it will be converted to CAD currency. If you would like to keep it in USD currency, then you would need to add a US bank account on file. 

Pro-Tip: Some Canadian banks offer USD holdings, this does not make it a US bank account. For it to count as a US bank, it must be added with a US Routing number and US Account number. 

Hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

ShannonC2
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Jon!

Could you give me some guidance on how to do this?

It always re-routes me back to Canadian banks when I try this.

Cheers

Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hi @ShannonC2,

That's a good question.  Here's an article from our Help Center How do I link a bank account to my PayPal account.  Please take a look at this and see if you're able to add the U.S. bank.  If you still have trouble I would suggest you contact us.  To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.  I hope this helps.   

Thanks!

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.