UNEMPLOYMENT on hold for no reason

ChiDC327
Contributor
Contributor

Pulling my hair out

they put a hold on my Unemployment Direct Deposit saying its was for goods and services and they refuse to do anything

then the agent ended the chat before i could ask any more questions.

told me to have the sender confirm within their paypal account but it wasnt sent via paypal but a dang direct deposit!

unemployment basically said they have no clue why they did that and cant help

previous unemployment deposits went thru with no issues.

anyone know how to contact a supervisor and/or file a fomal complaint?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

ChiDC327
Contributor
Contributor

what ive currently sent them and waiting for a reply

After contacting Illinois Department of Employment Services they do not have a paypal account to verify services, especially since there was no services rendered. the payment was a DIRECT DEPOSIT for unemployment benefits.

i have received many payments from them before with no issues

this money is needed for food and bills

this hold needs to be lifted as it has nothing to do with services or goods

also the previous customer service rep disconnected before i could even ask any more questions. it was rude and unprofessional and would like a supervisor to handle this before making a formal complaint.

how can they verify if they sent payment via direct deposit and didnt use paypal to send the money?

Login to Me Too

ChiDC327
Contributor
Contributor

After looking thru a lot of past posts this is a reoccurring problem affecting a lot of people

please someone from paypal tell us how a DIRECT DEPOST can be sent as goods and services???

and since they sent it DIRECT DEPOSIT how the heck are they supposed to confirm??? 

Login to Me Too

ChiDC327
Contributor
Contributor

still waiting

emailed every executive email i could find on google 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@ChiDC327,

Hi there! Sorry to hear about the hold on your funds. I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams via Social Media to assist further. They're available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

seriously2
New Community Member
i need my money to pay for food . why cant i access my unemployment payments?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.