Two paypal "agents" blatantly lied to me.

tednagel
Contributor
Contributor

Two paypal "agents" blatantly lied to me. There is zero accountability. No supervision. How in the Hell do you ever get to talk to someone who is telling the truth and has any authority? It is run by a bunch of dishonest children. I see no way that paypal survives as a company if this is SOP. Has anyone had any luck trying to actually get a resolution? Or did you just get a lawyer?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tednagel 

Advice depends on what your actual problem is really.

But yes Paypal customer services appears to have got very poor recently, I have seen time and time again when advice given by a so called agent probably new to the job and reading from the first script he has found was wrong.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tednagel
Contributor
Contributor

I just don't see how this works in any way as a business model, regardless of your problem with company procedures or falsehoods.

@kernowlass wrote:

@tednagel 

But yes Paypal customer services appears to have got very poor recently, I have seen time and time again when advice given by a so called agent probably new to the job and reading from the first script he has found was wrong.

st don't see how this works in any way as a business model, regardless of your problem with company procedures or falsehoods.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tednagel 

No idea what you are talking about.

If you don't want advice then thats fine, sorry to have responded.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tednagel
Contributor
Contributor

@tednagel wrote:

I just don't see how this works in any way as a business model, regardless of your problem with company procedures or falsehoods.

@kernowlass wrote:

@tednagel 

st don't see how this works in any way as a business model, regardless of your problem with company procedures or falsehoods.

Regardless of the reason for complaint, it is unacceptable that an agent can just completely lie to the customer. In my case, funds from a sale that I did, are on hold "due to a random security screening". I had to talk to three different agents to finally hear that reason. I have a 350 positive rating on ebay with nothing by all completely satisfied. I maintain a paypal credit account and card. All fully paid on time and clean. My complaint, as I stated originally, is that there is no way to contact anyone at paypal who can answer why the hold exists, in terms of company policy.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tednagel 

And I already said that I agreed with you and that their customer service was pretty poor at the moment so what else is there to say if you don't want advice on a specific query?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

aelaan12
Contributor
Contributor

I have had zero luck, by the time the sun comes up here the agents are already so overworked that they do not seem to care.

I have joined a class action lawsuit in my country, not because I am mad at the agents, they most likely are underpaid, barely scraping by.  I am not justifying the poor customer support and "twisting of the truth" because they have a queue they need to work through and the sooner they get you off the phone the sooner another customer can be "helped".  We call that quantity versus quality in CS.

The reason I joined a class action suit in my country is the hidden fees PayPal slaps on and the inability to explain why withdrawals are under review.  In my case they want to force me to take a merchant account, but I do rarely over 10k in transactions a year.

I have actually found that eBay is much more responsive in resolving disputes, but I still have to deal with PP to actually have access to my own, honest earned money.

The SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) are not being followed, the agents are rushing to get customers off the phone.  There must be a new person in charge that loves to show how many calls they "resolved".  Oh - just in case - I have been leading large help desk organizations world wide and have written many scripts based on feedback of agents and customers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.