Two currencies

Funding777
Contributor
Contributor

My PayPal account is currently linked to my Dutch bank.
My balance is zero and all payments are automatically paid from my linked account.

The thing is that most of my payments are in USD (I live in the USD several months a year)
Is it possible link an American bank to the same account? If so how?

Another option would be if I could simply fund my PayPal account in some way in USD.
For example by transfering $1000 to it from a US based bank.
Is that possible?

Other options?

I Googles and found answers that are several years old. One answer was that all PayPal accounts can have the local currency (Euro in my account) and USD because PayPal is a US based company.
If that option exists I can't find it.

Finally, I'm a private person, not a company, never sold anything using PayPal.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

You should see the option to link your US bank account in the same setting where you added your Dutch bank. If you do not see the option please call our customer service who can assist. The number can be located under the Help/Contact tab at the bottom of the PayPal website.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Funding777
Contributor
Contributor

I found the page to add a new bank account (before I asked this question). The problem is that I only can add banks that located in the European Union.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Please contact our customer service as previously advised as they may be able to assist with adding a US bank.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.