Trying to update card expiry date, but it doesn't work.....

bootay
Contributor
Contributor

Good day all

My first post here, so please go easy...

So, I've been trying multiple times to update my card expiry info.

I received the card and used it already from my bank. The old card has not expired on the Paypal system yet, but it does tell me my card is due to expire and I should update it.

In trying to do so, I have already tried about 5 times in my Wallet to update it. I enter all the correct required info, and then I go to he next screen which has a message displayed near the top saying that I have successfully updated my card.

However, right below that, where the card info is shown, it still displays the old expiry date.

This has been giving me the run-around now for a frustrating amount of time.

On top of that, I am also tryng to edit my address details, and this is even more frustrating. Each time I enter the address details, it ends up displaying one or other detail incorrectly. I am now sitting with around 4 'different' addresses, although each is meant to be the same. 

Trying to edit the address just ends up with me having another 'not quite correct' address in a growing list. 

I must admit, my patience is now being tried. 

Is anyone able to offer some advice or assistance with this problem? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance... 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

bootay
Contributor
Contributor

As it's been pretty quiet so far, I'd just like to add that the address issue, although frustrating, is not of primary importance.

As my new card (it's a debit card, not a credit, for what it's worth) won't work until the info is updated, I am essentially stuck, and unable to make any payments and/or purchases. Just what one needs before Christmas holiday.

The card is of high priority, so where can I turn for help, other than this community? I don't get any contact info for the email option, and I can't afford to make international calls to fix this. The only available option then seems to be this community, but is there anywhere else I can find help?

I am prepared to provide screenshots of the screens showing my problem, if needed. 

Any help will be much appreciated, as I am now properly stuck.

Thanks for reading.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bootay

You should be able to still use your card if it hasn't actually expired yet.

Hopefully the new updated info will show when it does.

As for customer services........

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bootay
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, kernowlass. much appreciated.

i will get to updating and adding more info asap, meanwhile, I am in South Africa - Cape Town area, if that helps.

Best wishes -1 Kudos added!

Login to Me Too

bootay
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks

Well, as I suspected, I am now unable to make payments via PayPal due to this issue. Tried to make an ebay purchase, and was told to check my card details.

As I am still unable to effect any change on my card details, I am totally stuck.

Is there ANY official place I can ask PayPal for help? 

Seems a bit ridiculous that the only support is from the community. I seem to have no way of contacting anyone from PayPal.

How does one run an effective business this way?

So, one final plea from me for some assistance, otherwise I guess it's one customer less, simply due to lack of choice? 

Thanks for reading.

Update: Okay, just tried to purchase again and managed to get it updated on ebay, as a new card. Just made a test purchase which has been confirmed. Still waiting for the actual transfer, but it looks promising.

Hopefully I can mark this as resolved soon....

Login to Me Too

bootay
Contributor
Contributor

No go. When I try to make any purchase on ebay, I can't get to the checkout. 

I receive the following message:

'Sorry, we can't complete your checkout at this time. Please try changing your item quantity or check your account status.'

The test purchase I made yesterday for a nominal amount went through(strange?), but any subsequent attempt to make any purchase is met with aforementioned message.

So there I am, stuck and unable to make purchases with my new card.

Is there anyone who can point me to some sort of official support, or does that simply not exist for PayPal? I find that hard to imagine....

Some help, as always, would be much appreciated.

Edit: some more detailed info, if it helps at all:

In PayPal site, I go to wallet, select my card, Card Details and select 'Edit'

I have 3 'editable' tables here, one for expiry date, one for CSC code and one for billing address.

ANY attempt at editing these is met with message: 'This card is not accepted. Please use a different card.'

So here I am stuck.

Not sure whether I should try to completely remove my 'existing' card from PayPal, and add a whole new card. Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too

bootay
Contributor
Contributor

Meanwhile, I'll try to explain more about the address issue.

In my profile, under the 'Manage Addresses' section, I have 4 addresses which are actually meant to be the same address.

Somehow each time I entered the address initially, it kept ending up with one or other part of the address being incorrect.

Eventually, on the 4th attempt, the address shows correctly. However, whenever I try to remove the older incorrect addresses, I can't.

One would think the section that specifies it's for editing/removing addresses doesn't let me do so.

I have options for Update/Remove for the primary address, and for the other 3 addresses also the option to set as Primary.

I choose Remove for the incorrect address - It asks if I'm sure I want to remove? I reply Yes, 'Remove Address' -

NOW I am met with the following message: 'Before you delete this address, go to your Wallet and remove it from your cards.'

When going to my wallet, I am met with a drop-down list of the addresses, but there is NO option to remove the addresses here.

Any editing attempts here are met with failure, as per my previous post.

So, it's a complete runaround. Tired of chasing my own tail here, folks!

Need a little help here, please!

Login to Me Too

bootay
Contributor
Contributor

I have now completely removed my old card and added the new one in, also correcting the address issues in the process.

Seeing as no help has been forthcoming, I'm basically firing blind here.

Paypal said I would be charged a nominal amount to check if my card is working, and that I would be refunded.

Things I noted: Paypal made 2 charges to my card, initial one for the equivalent of $1, and the second one for $2. What the heck is going on  with that? Why the two charges?

Anyway, according to Paypal, my card now seems fine.

Moving back to ebay, while my new card is registered there, and my Paypal settings updated, I am STILL unable to access Checkout.

I get the same message: ''Sorry, we can't complete your checkout at this time. Please try changing your item quantity or check your account status.

Everything checks fine on my account, so I am still stuck unable to make purchases, with no help and seemingly no way to contact Paypal

Where is the customer service? There is no email contact, No option where I can describe my problem, nothing at all.

Come on, PayPal people, this is ridiculous. Must everyone with a problem basically just sit and hope that some kind soul in the community must help?

This issue is going on for 2 weeks, and I have seemingly nowhere to go to get any help.

Anyone?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bootay

You need to contact customer services to resolve any account issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.