Trying to transfer monies from bank account to my Paypal account

rockabilly
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I have been trying to transfer money up from my bank account to my PayPal account, but have hit a brick wall. Where it says to fill in the receiving payees reference number, PayPal have given me a 15 letter and number combination but the bank will not accept it as they say I should have 4 numbers and 11 letters. PayPal have given me 3 numbers and 12 letters. The bank then said that I would have to telephone PayPal to sort it out?

Any ideas?

Bill.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rockabilly 

You have a UK paypal account, are you in the UK and do you have a UK bank account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rockabilly
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I live in the UK and have a UK bank account. I have used this service some years ago to transfer money from my bank to PayPal and did not have this problem. I can pull down money from PayPal to my bank, but my bank will not let me transfer money to PayPal?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rockabilly 

ok then have you had a failed bank transfer or negative balance recently at all?

If not then check the direct debit mandate in your online banking and make sure the link between paypal is still active in your direct debit section.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rockabilly
Contributor
Contributor

The bank have informed me that the problem lies with PayPal and not them. I have checked my PayPal details via the bank and they are spot on. I have never had a problem before with transferring money to other sources, only this one today, so a bit of a mystery. I even cut and pasted the details that PayPal supplied and entered it all in to the section to transfer money out of my bank account up to PayPal, but it still would not accept it. The bank says it is to do with the merchant number section.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @rockabilly,

Thank you for your post! In order to add funds from a bank to your PayPal account, please follow these steps. If you continue to have difficulty, please reach out to customer service by phone for further troubleshooting and/or to request that the issue be reported to our technical teams. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, then Call us, then log in for the number.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

rockabilly
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Many thanks for all your advice. I had to visit my bank yesterday to have a go at them as I knew that my PayPal details were correct. I had one of there managers go through the whole setup and they admitted that the error was indeed, there fault. It has now been sorted and I should not have this problem again. 

Bill.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Randy

@rockabilly,

That's great news!  Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.  In the meantime, we hope that you have a fantastic day!  🙂

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.