Trying to delete a bank account

Deamo1
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried for months to delete a bank account on PayPal. PayPal keeps on saying "Sorry, you can’t remove this bank account because of a pending transaction. Please try again later." There is NO pending transactions. Tried calling PapPal and I keep getting disconnected and you can't talk to a human. Can anyone help? I will close this account out and go somewhere else if I have to. This is just crazy. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Devic
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue and have yet to get through on the telephone, waited 13 days for a reply from customer services and got nothing and 8 days for a reply from a formal complaint and got nothing. I am now looking at other alternatives if they haven't answered me by the end of this week.

Login to Me Too

Deamo1
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. This is a simple fix. Looking into something else also. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble removing your bank account, and for the trouble getting through to our customer service over the phone. It's possible there's an old order that wasn't closed out properly, which usually causes this issue. The best option would be to contact us over Facebook or Twitter so that we can look into this and ensure it's resolved. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Deamo1
Contributor
Contributor

Well, my dear, I tried FB. Your automated reply just keeps on saying "I don't understand" 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi Deamo1,

Oh no! It sounds like an issue with our helpbot. You can say "speak with an agent" and you should get through to us for help. Sorry about that!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.