Trying to add funds to Paypal balance, but it loops when attempting to add funds

ProBoz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have recently verified my account after completing KYC (Know Your Customer) for personal ID. I found out that I needed to update the last name that was on my account and I did not realize that it was incorrect. I went through, uploaded the correct required photo ID document, and got my account in regular standing again. I am interested in adding funds to my PayPal balance. I have my main card linked to my account already. When I go select "Transfer Money", and then "add money to your balance", I am re-directed to the blank screen with green rotating animation icon where it loops continuously. I have tried Safari, Brave Browser, and Firefox. I have also tried each with cookies and cache cleared, no luck. I am thinking I should just wait a day or two, then come back. Is there anything else that I can do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ProBoz 

You can't add funds to a paypal balance via a card, only a linked bank account after you have set up a paypal cash account as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-paypal-account-faq1348?app=sear...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ProBoz 

You can't add funds to a paypal balance via a card, only a linked bank account after you have set up a paypal cash account as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-paypal-account-faq1348?app=sear...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ProBoz
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, thanks for the info.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.