Trying to Add Money to my NZ PayPal account

stubbler1969
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, this issue is nowhere to be found on the PayPal help pages.

I have a balance in my Kiwibank checking account that I wish to transfer to my NZ PayPal account.  I would usually "Add Money" but that link is simply not there.

I suspect that this link is missing because my PayPal login is requesting I verify myself through my NZ phone number.  The issue is that I've moved and I no longer have a NZ phone number.  You can change the phone number but you cannot change the country code for the new phone number.  In my case I have a U.S. phone number now.

Someone from PayPal, or someone else in a similar situation, please help me figure out how to overcome this. 

Thank you in advance,

Chris

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stubbler1969 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stubbler1969 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.