Trouble adding funds from Canadian bank account

ls24
Contributor
Contributor

In the past I have been able to add money to my Paypal account from a Canadian bank account.  In recent months, I have had to call in a verify account information before it allowed me to add the funds.   Yesterday I was told that there are new security measures in place as of Oct 31/19 which are preventing me from doing this.   Can anyone shed light on this?  

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_david

Hey Is24. 

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulties when trying to add funds to your PayPal account from your bank account.

If you are still experiencing problems with this, I would advise you to try deleting your temporary internet files on the device that you are using. Once you have done this, please try adding funds through your PayPal account as this should help.

If these problems persist, you would need to reach out to our customer service team directly. We can only provide general information through the Community, but if you contact our customer service team by phone or email, we can look into this further for you. 

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

ls24
Contributor
Contributor

Deleting the files worked!!!!  Thanks!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

ls24
Contributor
Contributor

So deleting temporary files worked a few times.   Unfortunately I have had to call in to verify things before customer service will do something to reset my account and then I am able to add funds.   But it seems like not all customer service reps know how to do this.  I have had to call on different days to get a different operator - some say that it can't be done and some are able to do it.  What exactly are they resetting so that I know what to ask in the future?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.