Tried to make a purchase on ebay to buy some coffee but transaction from ebay came back denied

eternalquest
Contributor
Contributor

Tried to make a purchase on ebay to buy some coffee but after trying several times the transaction from ebay came back denied but when I checked paypal it shows pending several times with for the same transaction. And it says "Status of the compliance transaction:  TXN_IN_PENDING_REVIEW_FOR_SPECIAL_DENY.  Ebay already denied the transaction and tell me use a dfferent payment method but what does this mean? Will paypal process the transaction again after review ? 

I got an email from paypal too and it says 

"To comply with government regulations, PayPal is required to review certain transactions. The payment you sent is currently being reviewed and we will complete this process within 72 hours. This review only involves this transaction and does not affect the use of your PayPal account." 

Bought lots of stuff from ebay but never had this issue so not sure what to do

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @eternalquest,

Thanks for reaching out! Welcome to our Community Forum. 

It sounds like the transaction may have been denied for some kind of compliance reason. I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Support to review this situation a bit further. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.