Transfers on hold

dgl001
Contributor
Contributor

On January 30th I initiated two transfers to a business. 

When I look at my PayPal account it tells me the money has been sent for both transactions. 

When I check my bank account I see that the money for both transactions has been sent. 

However, when I contacted the business they tell me that their PayPal account shows the money is on hold. 

It's been six days now and it still shows them (the business) that the money transfers from me are on hold. 

Why is this happening and what can I do and what can the business do to release the funds?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dgl001 

If its marked as completed in your Paypal account then you have paid. The fact its pending on the SELLERS end is between them and paypal as they are new sellers.
Funds are held for 21 days BUT released more quickly if they provide a tracking number (delivery + 1 day).

Even if the funds were withdrawn to their bank account they would still have to refund if they lost a dispute. The hold is to protect PAYPAL from new sellers that don't refund so Paypal has to and then has the hassle of getting reimbursed from the seller.
Tell them that if they refuse to send then you would have to file a dispute for 'non receipt of item' and that would impact on their paypal account as they are such new sellers and the time the 'new seller hold' lasts would be extended OR they may not be allowed to sell at all.

Send them this link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/funds-availabilityml

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.