Transferring payment to bank account

Annalise52
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal world! I'm trying to transfer funds into my bank account but it says my personal bank card can't be used for transfers. How do I change that and why can't I use it in the first place? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Annalise52,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

If you just have a card added to your PayPal account you will not be able to withdraw. What you would need to do is adding your bank account details in order to transfer your money.

Here's how to add a NZ bank account to your NZ PayPal account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Wallet at the top of the page.
  3. Click Link a Bank Account on the right.
  4. Choose a bank account to link (US/NZ).
  5. Enter the requested information and click Agree and Link.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Annalise52
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Rachael!

I've tried that but a red square pops up when I click 'accept' saying "Sorry, that bank is already linked to the maximum number of PayPal accounts." It was linked once to an old PayPal account that I have since closed down. I don't know what to do next?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @Annalise52,

Thanks for letting us know. Regrettably, if the response you're getting back is that the bank has reached the maximum number of PayPal accounts, you won't be able to use it within PayPal in the future. My apologies for any inconvenience this my cause.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.