Transferring money to ASB New Zealand

BritKiwi
Contributor
Contributor

when setting up my bank to transfer money to ASB Nz. It asks me for

The 6 digits identifying ASB,  the bank number

Then  9 - 11 digits for my account number. Anyone can offer any help on this please, thanks

Helen

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Bevan9
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Helen, 

Does your Paypal also ask for a check or savings number?

I cannot access my money either and I'm with the BNZ.

Login to Me Too

jasonlinz
New Community Member

I am trying to setup my ASB or Westpac bank to transfer my paypal money to either of them, however, I always get error on entering the account number. The error message is "Check your account number and try again". 

Login to Me Too

Koomeister
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all Been struggling the same thing it turns out the the input validation is inconsistent. (As of 11/Aug/2019). You will need 123456 for your bank number, but ABCDEFG-HIJ for the account number. (Note the “-“ and you may need to pad the H with a leading 0. Took me a while to figure out. All the best!
Login to Me Too

WaeroTomlin

How exactly do you get the account number to be accepted? 

I'm entering my BNZ account details and it still comes up with that error message - very frustrating 😫

HALP! 

Login to Me Too

Koomeister
Contributor
Contributor
Hi hope this works for you. Say your bank account is 12-3456-ABCDEFG-XYZ In the bank number, try filling in: 123456 In the account number section try: ABCEDFG-XYZ Note the “-“
Login to Me Too

michaelanderson
New Community Member

This worked thank you^

Login to Me Too

SoTM_
New Community Member

Thanks for the helpful suggestions on this topic. Just wanted to add that it didn't work for me when I had just 'ASB' for the bank name - I had to enter 'ASB New Zealand' in full for it to work.

Login to Me Too

Tramanui

Hi British The 6 digit number that they are asking for is the bank number in this case ASB is 12 and your branch number of ASB, mine in this case is <removed>. What should follow is a 7 digit number for your account followed by your 2 0r 3 digit suffix to denote whether it is a cheque, savings or a transactional account. So in other words it should look something like this: 12-3456-7891011-12 or 12-3456-7891011-012. If in doubt check your bank statements that you get, number is usually on there with all your banking affairs. Easy

Login to Me Too

oskxzr
Contributor
Contributor

When I input my bank account number like that, I get an error message.

<removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.