Transferring PayPal Funds to Bank Account

Benjiblobs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I initiated a transfer of funds from my PayPal account to my bank on the 14th of this month. As of this morning I'm still waiting for the funds to appear in my bank account. The mobile app indicates that the transaction has been 'completed', but the desktop site doesn't show this moniker, my bank also doesn't acknowledge any transfer at all, neither in pending, nor in the statement.

Is this the weekend playing havoc with the transfer? Nothing was indicated when I was making the transfer that seemed as though it would take a more extended period of time.

Could anyone shed any light on this matter? It's no small amount of money and I could do with it in my account ASAP.

Many thanks,

Ben

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Sam251614
New Community Member
I'm having the same problem withdrew money on the 14th still not received but saying completed
Login to Me Too

Benjiblobs
Contributor
Contributor

That's very odd. Maybe there are some unknown PayPal issues going on at the moment

Login to Me Too

kind2cats
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. Withdrew funds on the 15th, normally would take only a couple of hours to show up in my account, but nothing has arrived today, the 16th. My bank says it has no details of pending payments. This is unusual, and rather worrying. 

Login to Me Too

42stanley
New Community Member

Happened to me too. Withdrawn on the 14th, still waiting. PayPal is saying it has been completed. 

Login to Me Too

Sejanus
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue:) seems like they have some problem after updating system, it happened once before and was sorted the next week and later all payments went back to normal > instant.

Hope that is the case again, and all will be fine soon. I cannot wait each time 3 days:) Picked paypal, because of instant payments, if it won't work anymore this way me and many others would have to look for another service.

🙂

Login to Me Too

kind2cats
Contributor
Contributor

I hope you're right. It's frustrating spending time chasing them up about this. If my money doesn't arrive tomorrow after 72 hours I'm going to be really peeved, and that's putting it politely.

Login to Me Too

kind2cats
Contributor
Contributor

Update: finally got my money today, slightly less than 72 hours. I'll be withdrawing more money in about two weeks so I hope the instant transfer has been restored by then. 

Login to Me Too

Benjiblobs
Contributor
Contributor
For what it's worth my money has now finally arrived in my bank account. Not a particularly positive experience. If I was truly relying on PayPal to transfer important money I would have been completely left in the dark. The thing that worries me most about this is the fact that all along it said 'completed' even though it blatantly wasn't. I think there's some work to be done yet.
Login to Me Too

kind2cats
Contributor
Contributor

I emailed Paypal about this issue and this was part of the response I got:

"I do apologize because we are currently having a system issue about withdrawal due to system update, this issue is already raised to our system engineer and fixing the issue as soon as possible."

So - hopefully - it will get fixed soon and things will be back to normal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.