Transferring Pay Pal Balance to Bank Account/Debit Card

SecretMachine
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I've recently sold some items on ebay and have some money in my Pay Pal account.

I wish to transfer this money back into my main bank account.

However, my main bank account is my debit card. If that makes sense?

For some reason, I cannot find the option to set my bank account as the details for my debit card.

Sorry for the silly question, but I'm quite confused.

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

ashleajade1712
New Community Member

I have money in my paypal account and i have clicked confirm bank account and paypal are supposed to be taking out two deposits from my bank account however this has not been taken out and has been about 4 days. I am wanting to transfer the money into my normal bank account as soon as possible

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there ashleajade1712,

Your bank account does not have to be confirmed for you to withdraw funds from your PayPal balance to the bank.

Simply follow the steps below:

• Click 'Withdraw' at the top of the page.
  • Click ‘Withdraw GBP faster to your bank account’ or ‘Withdraw funds to your bank account'.
    • The faster withdrawal option offers a quicker service (complete in 1-2 working days) includes a fee of £5.00 per withdrawal
    • Regular withdrawals (complete in 2-3 working days) to banks in either the UK or US are free of charge
  • Enter the amount to withdraw and choose the correct bank account, then click 'Continue'.
  • Review the details before completing.
    • For ‘Faster Withdrawals’ enter the ‘Wire sort code’ in the required field
  • Click 'Submit'.

To confirm the bank however, if you have still not received the 2 deposits I would advise that you follow the steps below to ensure they are requested successfully:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
3. Click 'My money'.
4. In the Bank accounts section click 'Update'.
5. Click ‘Confirm’ next to the bank account you want to confirm.
6. Click the 'Set up Direct Debit' button.
7. The next page will display your bank details. Enter the full address of your bank account, then click ‘Submit'.

Once you've clicked 'Submit', we'll send two random deposits (both between 1p and 99p) to your bank account. These deposits are at our expense and you'll find them on your online bank statement within two to three working days, or on your next paper statement.

Hope this helps!

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

sakis219
Contributor
Contributor

ty a lot....very useful Man LOL

Login to Me Too

JohnsonKin
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I recently made my paypal account when I was making a purchase However I got a refund The refund didn't go to my bank and I have googled and read that it will come to my paypal account How do I get it sent back to my bank Thanks for your time It has not been sent YET to my paypal account either.

Login to Me Too

Anne143
New Community Member

Hi. I just went to the summary page (where you have the clock showing the percentage of info updated) and there was a button for withdraw funds. Clicked through and confirmed amount and bank account and it said my funds would be in my bank account in about 2 hours - free!! 

Excellent service.

Login to Me Too

Joepublicva
New Community Member

What happened to paypal.com instead of paypal.co.uk???????

Login to Me Too

icparklins
New Community Member

Hi PayPal_Siobhán,

I am based in Lagos, Nigeria {country in West - Africa}. I have my debit card connected to my paypal account but then i tried connedting my local bank account to my paypal account [Diamond Bank  www.diamondbank.com] but i am told by paypal that this option is not availble for my Location. I want to know

if it is possible to transfer money received to my paypal account to the connected bank account of my debit card?

Please reply. Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

Nicola145
New Community Member
Hello i wonder if you could help me please, a lot of the above has helped but I have a question, I got the code few and confirmed the right bank account as I'm trying to withdraw my money back in to my bank, it's been confirmed but the money hasn't sent over yet does this take a few days? Is it just a case of waiting? Many thanks Nicola
Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi Nicola145,

Welcome to the PayPal Community. I see you have not had a response from any of our members to date. Maybe I can help.

Withdrawals to your bank account can take between 2-72 hours to complete. You should be able to keep an eye on the progress through your transaction history.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.