Transferred to my bank then realized that the account had been closed. What will happen to my funds?

DietSeth
Contributor
Contributor

Good evening,

I transferred a substantial amount of my funds to my secondary checking account yesterday. I logged into my bank just now to see if the funds happened to clear and it appears that my account has been deleted, most likely due to a zero balance. Can anyone tell me what PayPal will do in this situation?

Thanks,

Diet

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DietSeth 

The bank should bounce back the funds and you may be charged a small return fee and notified. Transfers in US take anywhere from 1 - 5 days depending on your bank both ways. If you haven't heard from PayPal in 14 to even 30 days, please contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DietSeth 

The bank should bounce back the funds and you may be charged a small return fee and notified. Transfers in US take anywhere from 1 - 5 days depending on your bank both ways. If you haven't heard from PayPal in 14 to even 30 days, please contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.