Transferred momey

Bigbteebone
Contributor
Contributor

I transferred funds from my paypal account to my debit card on September 27 and the funds still are not in my account. PayPal shows that the funds were transferred.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bigbteebone

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jacinna
Contributor
Contributor
The code? Will this enable the transfer to go through?
Login to Me Too

Jacinna
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. i am actually very mad about this. In this day and age it should never take long to transfer money at all. There is instant payment methods wverywhere and the only reason i bothered with paypal was just because of one particular site i wanted to shop from it was the only option. For some dumb reason paypal stopped connecting to my preferred banking method and continually made me add a card which is not how i wanted to pay. So i resorted to transferring funds only to watch then sit in the pending balance for several days. What a joke paypal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jacinna

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant with Paypal as they use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option and have to go via ACH in batches.

That is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes several working days to transfer (country dependent) but they normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.  

However they only take the risk of crediting a seller upfront for you if you have a back up card linked to reduce risk to them of a bank transfer failing.

If you don't have a card linked OR you want to transfer those funds yourself to your Paypal account then its you that takes the wait for the 'slowest' transfer method to be implemented.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jacinna
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the info very good explanation however I still dont think it should realistically take this long to transfer funds as opposed to the methods used when paying sellers upfront or such as u said. Its also annoying when other e-wallets seem to allow quicker methods but then they are t as widely as accepted as paypal so its quite annoying having to use paypal when it is usually a very limited and frustrating experience:(
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jacinna

Well tell the banks to only use 'wire' transfers and not 'ACH' transfers as well.

Then when they do all our fees will go up as Paypal will have to pay more for those transfers.

I fund all my Paypal payments via my credit card and everything is processed instantly.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.