Transferred Money to Card Number instead of Bank Account number

mariacla
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys,

I got confused and saved a bank account profile and inputted my MasterCard 16 digit Card number instead of Bank Account number. And I have already transferred my PayPal balance to that Bank Profile. I have already message PayPal regarding this.

What is the possibility for the transaction to get cancelled and the money being refunded?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @mariacla,

I'm sorry to hear that you have transferred funds to an invalid bank account number. If the bank receives funds that are associated with a bank account that does not match a number and name on file, they should reject the funds and they would travel back to your PayPal account. If the funds do not arrive back in your PayPal account within 14 days, you can contact customer service to request that the withdrawal be traced.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

mariacla
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_Olivia 

Thank you for your reply! Yes the money has not returned yet so I'm just waiting for it to be returned back otherwise I'll file a report to PayPal.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

ann0611
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @mariacla 

GOOD DAY!

I just want to know , any update regarding your problem? I have the same scenario with you, I used my card number instead of account number for withdrawing/transferring money .

Looking forward to hear from you soon 

Login to Me Too

MJAssen22
Contributor
Contributor
Where you able to get back the money? I also encountered the same problem just now 😭
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.