Transfering money to paypal from a different bank account.

Osufelhasznalo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! So basicly my aunt sent me money on paypal from her bank account.
The money didn't came thru. In Hungary it said it wont take more than 1-2 hours. It's been a day and im worried about my money.
After that happened, i read on the site that you have to send money from the bank account you added to paypal.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Osufelhasznalo wrote:

She logged into my paypal and then: Wallet -> Transfer money -> Add money to your balance. Then she sent the money to the bank account that appeared in the 2nd step.

And what you said here means that she added money to your PayPal account, yes, but only from funding sources listed in your PayPal account otherwise this doesn’t make sense. Money cannot be sent this way from her bank account to your PayPal account. Maybe you meant she chose “Transfer to my bank” and not “Add money to your balance”. Even then she can only transfer to the linked bank accounts of your PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Osufelhasznalo 

After that happened, i read on the site that you have to send money from the bank account you added to paypal.”

Yes, that is true.

Your aunt can also pay with her bank debit card or credit card if you sent her a PayPal invoice without having a PayPal account. You’ll have to ask your aunt how she send payment. Does she have a PayPal account?

Did you receive an email from PayPal confirming that you received a payment?

Login to Me Too

Osufelhasznalo
Contributor
Contributor

She doesn't have a paypal account. And i didn't recieve any emails.
Is there a way that she can have that money back?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Osufelhasznalo 

Then how did she send payment to you in the first place? Did you send her a PayPal invoice to pay? Without knowing how she sent payment, it’s not possible to advise.

Login to Me Too

Osufelhasznalo
Contributor
Contributor

She logged into my paypal and then: Wallet -> Transfer money -> Add money to your balance. Then she sent the money to the bank account that appeared in the 2nd step.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Osufelhasznalo 

This not the proper way to send money to a PayPal account but the way she did it is adding money to your PayPal account balance from the bank account she selected.

It is not transferring money from PayPal account balance to the bank account.

Adding money to your PayPal account balance with a bank account takes anywhere from 3-5 days if all goes well.

So she linked her bank account to your PayPal account?

It is not a good idea to link someone’s else’s bank account to yours. It should be removed after the funds appear or it fails and funds are returned to the bank account.

The right way is the sender and receiver each have their own PayPal account with banks/cards linked and sender sends the money to your PayPal email address, or your PayPal mobile phone number and pay with their linked bank account or card.

Login to Me Too

Osufelhasznalo
Contributor
Contributor

Well actually she didn't link her bank account to my accout, it doesn't show up as a linked account.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Osufelhasznalo wrote:

Well actually she didn't link her bank account to my accout, it doesn't show up as a linked account.

Ok, then all she did was add money from your bank account or the bank account linked to your PayPal account to your PayPal account balance.

So you should have received an email from PayPal saying that you added money to your PayPal balance and that it’ll take a few days for the money to appear in your balance.

You should also see a record of the transaction in your account activity.

If not, then she probably did not add the money at all because she wouldn’t be able to do that if her bank account is not linked. The money has to come from a bank account or a source already linked, if she didn’t link her bank account.

Login to Me Too

Osufelhasznalo
Contributor
Contributor

She paid me money from her own bank account. She doesn't have a paypal account.

And i didn't recieve any emails from paypal, that confirming the payment.
Also the money got transfered, she's missing the amount that she paid me.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Osufelhasznalo wrote:

She paid me money from her own bank account. She doesn't have a paypal account.

And i didn't recieve any emails from paypal, that confirming the payment.
Also the money got transfered, she's missing the amount that she paid me.

How can she pay you with her own bank account while logged into your PayPal account that she did not link her bank account to? And she does not have her own PayPal account even. It’s not possible. There is a factor that is missing here. Like maybe a third party or an outside service was used. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.