Transfering funds to a VISA Debt card in Trinidad and Tobago

rmjb
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to transfer some funds out to my recently verified VISA Debt Card today but it failed and didn't give a reason why.

I searched this forum and found this agreement: https://www.paypal.com/tt/webapps/mpp/ua/recpymt-full?locale.x=en_TT

The agreement is from 2014, but is still listed as current, however the 2021 reality is slightly different from what is described.

Firstly, the agreement only talked about VISA Credit Cards, but we in Trinidad and Tobago can now also register and verify VISA Debt Cards. These debt cards can also be set at the default for automatic transfers.

Secondly, the agreement indicates something called pending balance and available balance, however there's no distinction of that on my wallet page, only a "PayPal balance".

Does the 30-day restriction still apply? Is there a way to see what portion of the balance is pending? Are transfers to VISA Debt Cards permitted or only VISA Credit Cards?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

868_ajay
Contributor
Contributor

Hey I'm the same guy that assisted you before what you can do is open an account with JMMB and link their issued visa debit card to your PayPal account and every month PayPal will transfer you funds to your Boosted savings account

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

ajay_siparia
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I'm a Trinidadian also and a user of PayPal for the past 2 years and I've  gained a lot of experience and knowledge from my understanding i think you visa debit card that you have is only settle in TTD currency which wont work our local financial institutions are failing in the finical market of forex so my suggestion to you is to go and Open A JMMB Bank Account because there visa debit card is connected to a savings account so whatever money you receive it will go straight to your saving account and they do forex  That is what I did

Login to Me Too

rmjb
Contributor
Contributor
I got some more info earlier this week. RBC does not allow transfers to their cards from PayPal; this applies to debt or credit. So far it seems like I can transfer to a Scotiabank VISA Credit card.
Login to Me Too
Solved

868_ajay
Contributor
Contributor

Hey I'm the same guy that assisted you before what you can do is open an account with JMMB and link their issued visa debit card to your PayPal account and every month PayPal will transfer you funds to your Boosted savings account

Login to Me Too

ajay_siparia
Contributor
Contributor

Hope you get through

Login to Me Too

rmjb
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, yes I got through with transfers to a Scotiabank VISA credit card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.