Transfer still pending after 8 days

RPratt905
Contributor
Contributor

My daughter sent me money through her PayPal account 8 days ago.  The money was withdrawn from her account the day she made the transfer through PayPal.  It still shows pending on our end. What is the issue?  Why has PayPal held our money for so long?  What do I need to do to get it?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RPratt905 

Possible reasons.

1. An echeque if there is an approx clearance date OR its pending on BOTH accounts.

2. New seller hold if its completed on the senders side and only pending on yours. If you are not a seller then...........

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

There are however some occasions where friends / family payments are held for reviews but these are normally only 24 hours. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RPratt905
Contributor
Contributor

This was personal as you can see from my question. This answer had no relevance to my situation.  Still Pending 8 days later.  There was plenty of money in my daughters account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RPratt905 

Well the answer does have relevance and the fact it went as an echeque has nothing to do with whether your daughter had funds in her bank account or not it is just whether it went as instant transfer or echeque.

Equally it may well have been personal but sometimes folks make a mistake and click on goods/services by mistake which is why i asked the questions that i did.

However as you are SO grateful for me giving up my time to help you I am SO glad I decided to respond to your post.

Bye. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.