Transfer of funds from bank account to paypal balance

Pvaas
Contributor
Contributor
I had made a transfer of funds from my bank to PayPal account. I know that it takes 3-5 business days. I have seen the payment clean in my bank account but am still waiting for it to be credited to my PayPal. Is there a way to expedite this or have PayPal release the funds?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Jil013
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Pvaas

Thank you for raising your concern through our community forum.

You are correct! It will take 3-5 business days for this process to complete. Once the process is completed, the money will appear in your PayPal balance and then you can make online purchases or send money to anyone.

Here’s how to find out when the money should arrive in your PayPal account:
1. Click Activity at the top of the page.
2. Click the transaction in question. You’ll see the expected clearing date.

I hope you have the money by now.

Thanks and stay safe!
Login to Me Too

Jil013
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
In addition to that, did you know you don’t need to add money to your PayPal account to make a payment? If you want to send money to someone or make a payment through a website, all you need is a linked debit or credit card or a verified bank account. You can pay anyone directly even with no money in your PayPal balance.

To pay instantly with your bank account, a debit or credit card is needed to back up the transaction. The linked card will only be charged if we’re unable to debit your bank account for the amount of the transaction.

Here's how you can add a debit or credit card to your PayPal account:
1. Click Wallet at the top of the page.
2. Click + Link a card or bank.
3. Click Link a debit or credit card.
4. Fill in your details and click Link Card.
4.1. If you don't confirm your card by entering in the 4-digit code (or your card cannot be confirmed), the charge will be refunded 75 (60 days in Brazil) days from the date of the charge. Based on certain jurisdictions (such as Brazil), the credit may not actually post to your card for up to 30 additional days.
4.2. If you remove your card or close your account during the time frames above, the return of the credit may not process. In these instances, you may need to contact PayPal Customer Service to have the charge refunded.

Here's how to add a bank account:
1. Click Wallet at the top of the page.
2. Click Link a bank.
3. Select your bank.
4. Select Instantly or In 3-5 days according to how you want to link your bank.
5. Follow the instructions on page.

If your bank is not listed on the screen:
1. Select Don't see your bank? at the bottom.
2. Select Checking or Savings.
3. Enter the bank's transit number, institution code and account number.
4. Verify that your information is correct, and click Agree and Link

If you make a payment using your bank account and don’t have a linked card, the payment will be sent via eCheck and will take 3-5 business days to complete.

Hope this helps.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.