Transfer money from PayPal Prepaid Master Card to PayPal Account?

sisamagrooter
Contributor
Contributor

How do I transfer money from my PayPal Prepaid Mastercard to my PayPal Accuont?   I know how to transfer from PayPal  Accunt to Prepaid Mastercard just dont know how to do it in reverse!

Please help.  Thank you in advance for your time!

Sincerely,

sisamagrooter

Login to Me Too
47 REPLIES 47

pgilpin81
Contributor
Contributor
Or you can add your Prepaid MasterCard routing number and account number to your regular PayPal account as your bank account. This way you can transfer money from your Prepaid MasterCard account (AKA: your bank account that you added to your regular PayPal account) to your PayPal account. Your Prepaid Mastercard account comes with a routing number and an account number; just like any bank account; so just link your Prepaid MasterCard routing and account number to your PayPal account and then u can transfer money between the 2 accounts.
Login to Me Too

pgilpin81
Contributor
Contributor
Apparently you can’t, however I found it helpful to add my Paypal prepaid card routing number and account number as my bank account to my regular Paypal account. This way u can transfer money from your bank (aka: your prepaid card account) to your regular Paypal account. Hope this helps!
Login to Me Too

sdmf74
Contributor
Contributor
I tried that but kept getting an error. Maybe I was doing it wrong?
Login to Me Too

pgilpin81
Contributor
Contributor
Were u on the regular PayPal Account where it says to link your bank account? Make sure u have the correct routing number (Bancorp Bank) and account number, which u will find in the direct deposit section of your Prepaid account. It worked for me; maybe they were doing maintenance when u tried bc it seems that PayPal is always doing maintenance. It’s really quite dumb that they let u transfer from PayPal to the Prepaid card but not the other way around. There is another way on here that someone explained; it's kind of a silly way bc u may get charged a fee. It was something about using your Prepaid card to buy goods or services from yourself and paying yourself to your PayPal card with your prepaid card. He has it step by step...I will try to find the steps again and send it to u.
Login to Me Too

pgilpin81
Contributor
Contributor
Found his step by step instructions; (I have never tried this so I don’t know if it works or not...): Re: Transfer money from PayPal Prepaid Master Card to PayPal Account? Alright this is completely possible to do. Just takes a work around. Step 1 - Have another email not associated with Paypal - to start with. Step 2 - Send a money request from your Paypal to this email address in the amount you want to withdraw (keep in mind you are going to get charged a fee as the seller so expect a $5.00 charge or more. Step 3 - Go to email where you sent money request Step 4 - Click on the link sent and put in your card details for your Paypal Prepaid Debit Card (checkout as Guest) Step 5 - Transfer the money, pay the money request. This process will bring money from your Prepaid Card - to your Paypal account. (Unfortunatley you pay fees because it's Paypal, but it's an easy quick way to do it.) Hope this helps, and cheers!
Login to Me Too

sdmf74
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks I will give it a try again and yes the second way does work and if you transfer a larger amount you will pay a large fee. Its ridiculous

Login to Me Too

pgilpin81
Contributor
Contributor
I know, crazy about the fee. Hopefully the other way (bank account) works for you.
Login to Me Too

Poojavirdi
Contributor
Contributor
How, can someone help me?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.