Transfer held...losong business

Lwimberly1203
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to transfer my balance to my debit card eBay I needed that money to ship one of several dolls that I'm selling and because of the 72-hour hold I have now lost the sale and need to refund the money however it's been 72 hours and they're not releasing the money so i cant refund it. I'm ready calling attorney I'm so angry .No one will tell me WHY

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MichaelHF
Contributor
Contributor

Payment holds occur because:

• You have been selling on eBay for less than 90 days
  • You have an eBay feedback score fewer than 100 and have not yet established a record of good performance
  • You have received fewer than 20 Detatiled Seller Ratings on eBay in the last 12 months or your eBay seller performance is below standard
  • You have a high rate of customer disputes or a low eBay feedback percentage
  • You have been a PayPal member for less than 6 months and have limited selling activity
  • You have a sudden change in selling activities (e.g. suddenly selling expensive items, selling large numbers of items, etc.)
  • You happen to be selling in a high risk category such as tickets, travel, gift vouchers, computers, electronics, mobile phones, etc.

Depending on the circumstances, paypal may set aside payments for a single transaction or for all payments to sellers who meet the criteria above.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

MichaelHF
Contributor
Contributor

Payment holds occur because:

• You have been selling on eBay for less than 90 days
  • You have an eBay feedback score fewer than 100 and have not yet established a record of good performance
  • You have received fewer than 20 Detatiled Seller Ratings on eBay in the last 12 months or your eBay seller performance is below standard
  • You have a high rate of customer disputes or a low eBay feedback percentage
  • You have been a PayPal member for less than 6 months and have limited selling activity
  • You have a sudden change in selling activities (e.g. suddenly selling expensive items, selling large numbers of items, etc.)
  • You happen to be selling in a high risk category such as tickets, travel, gift vouchers, computers, electronics, mobile phones, etc.

Depending on the circumstances, paypal may set aside payments for a single transaction or for all payments to sellers who meet the criteria above.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MichaelHF

That would be the 21 day hold but the 72 hour hold is for withdrawals so the OP's funds seems to be released in to her PayPal balance already.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lwimberly1203

It's a security hold. When you try to withdraw to card, its possible it may not transfer within 30 mins (estimate) and is held to check if the funds are not fraudulent or some other issue trigger by PayPal security system. Better to have withdrawn to bank in 1 day and for free in this case.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/can-i-transfer-money-to-my-debit-or-prepaid-card-faq859

Once the hold is lifted the transfer will be marked complete and then you'll need to get the funds back into your PayPal account to have the cash there to refund.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.