Transfer fund to wrong linked bank account

trankimlong
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Currently I had linked a bank account to my Paypal account. However, it appears that I linked to the wrong name of the bank (including the swift code), but the bank account number and name account is still from my official bank account. How do I request a refund to my Paypal account for this wrongful transfer fund?

Thank you guys for helping me out.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@trankimlong 

Is it completed or pending?

If completed and its denied by the bank you are withdrawing the funds to then it should bounce back to your paypal account balance.

Allow 14 working days and if no show then contact customer services for a trace.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@trankimlong 

Is it completed or pending?

If completed and its denied by the bank you are withdrawing the funds to then it should bounce back to your paypal account balance.

Allow 14 working days and if no show then contact customer services for a trace.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

trankimlong
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll be waiting then.

Login to Me Too

denskie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, did you get your money back? I have currently the same issue and I am worried about my money.

Login to Me Too

Louiemalinao
Contributor
Contributor
I link my card number instead of my account number. The transaction is completed. How do I get my money back? Please help
Login to Me Too

_tylerweston
New Community Member
Mines pending what can I do? Or do I have to wait?
Login to Me Too

trankimlong
Contributor
Contributor

I had several transaction was in pending before they get processed, so I guess you can wait same as what I did. In their email saying will complete within 72 hours, after that I think you can start open a support email/chat/call for support.

Login to Me Too

Bilaltamboli88
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue i faced i transferred money to wrong inactive bank account, but it is transferred from paypal and showing completed status .

But i checked in bank they told me that bank account number is wrong.

I completed 10 days to that transfer as per solution i wait till 14th days.

If after 14 days  payment is not reflect in my paypal account then ? 

Login to Me Too

Owen191
New Community Member
How do I know if it’s going to get put back into my PayPal do I ring the bank I’m with or ?
Login to Me Too

jdcsarinas
Contributor
Contributor

Did you get your money back? I have the same issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.