Transfer from bank to pay pal balance never completes??

zlloyd1
Contributor
Contributor

Every time I try to transfer money from my bank to my Pay Pal Balance, it takes forever, and seems to keep adding more days until completion....

I do this, because I often use online sites to order things, and many times, they are from international merchants, which my bank always gives me grief over. So, I try to transfer money to Pay Pal, to complete these purchases, but the amount of time they stall before the money is made available, versus when they remove it from my bank account, is troubling, to say the least.

It claims, on the transfer page, that it will take 3 -5 business days, but this seems to increase every time I check it on my Pay Pal account. It ALWAYS says 'pending until tomorrow', that is until you check tomorrow, when it will now say 'pending until tomorrow' again??

Is this normal, or is Pay Pal just playing with me??

Don't get me wrong, I like using Pay Pal, especially when making purchases online, it saves me time entering banking information, and provides a protection system for your transactions, but the amount of time they seem to take to get anything done is troublesome, at least it seem so to me.

Am I alone in this, or is this a running issue for Pay Pal users??

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zlloyd1 

You never need funds in your Paypal account balance as a buyer. When you purchase an item then Paypal credit the seller for you, this is so there is no delay in the despatch of your item. Paypal will then take the wait for the funds to transfer to reimburse them.

However if you want to add funds yourself then you take the wait, it says several working days (not calender days) so can be up to a week.

Paypal uses the slowest (cheapest) transfer option which has to go via ACH in batches, hence the reason they credit the seller for you when you have a linked bank account or card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.