Transfer from bank to my Pay Pal Accnt.

Drew2112
New Community Member

It stated that it may take 3 to 5 days.. Not BUSINESS DAYS...Well this is day five, and just about close of business.  When say my wife send money into my accnt. it is practically instant.  Why isn't this transfer taking so damn long. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Michelle

Hello @Drew2112,

Thank you for joining the PayPal Community Forums, and my sincere apologies for any frustration or confusion this has caused. From your description, it sounds as though the issue is the time frame for adding money from a bank to a PayPal balance. From your profile, I can see that you are located in the US, and all electronic bank transfers in the US are processed through a clearing house called the Automated Clearing House (ACH) to make sure the transfer is authorized, and is standard among all financial institutions. Nearly all major banks batch money out of their system within 24 hours of our electronic request unless it is requested over the weekend, which means we should receive the money in 3 business days, but it can take longer depending on when the bank batches the money from their system: https://bit.ly/2sknmWf 

Also, we do provide this information prior to confirming the transfer:

6-6-2018 .jpg 

I know that this can be frustrating, especially as you said that the payments your wife sends you are instant. When a payment or purchase is made using an instant transfer from a bank, PayPal actually pays it  to make it appear instant so you don't have to wait for your item to ship. What happens behind the scenes is that we have to wait for the bank transfer to complete, and we are able to offer this if there is a card listed as a back up payment method in the event the bank declines the payment: https://bit.ly/2JywsZi

A great example of this process is although a merchant is paid instantly when sending an instant transfer, the transaction itself usually won't show on the bank statement until the following business day. 

Most likely, this has already been resolved. From the time frame you provided in your post, I would assume that the money would have posted some time between May 23 and May 25th. I just wanted to provide this information both for you and for anyone else in the Community that may have the same concern. 

Please, if I am mistaken and the money has not reached PayPal, please contact us using the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page. In this situation we would need to work with your bank to request a trace be done. 

I know that's a lot of information, and I truly hope it helps to better explain why there is the delay. Again, I sincerely apologize for any frustration or any inconvenience it caused, and thank you for sharing your experience here.

Thank you,

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I don't believe what you have in mind is supported however, when you don’t have a PayPal balance or don’t have enough in your PayPal balance, PayPal will use your bank account as the default payment method unless you select a different way to pay.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Michelle

Hello @Drew2112,

Thank you for joining the PayPal Community Forums, and my sincere apologies for any frustration or confusion this has caused. From your description, it sounds as though the issue is the time frame for adding money from a bank to a PayPal balance. From your profile, I can see that you are located in the US, and all electronic bank transfers in the US are processed through a clearing house called the Automated Clearing House (ACH) to make sure the transfer is authorized, and is standard among all financial institutions. Nearly all major banks batch money out of their system within 24 hours of our electronic request unless it is requested over the weekend, which means we should receive the money in 3 business days, but it can take longer depending on when the bank batches the money from their system: https://bit.ly/2sknmWf 

Also, we do provide this information prior to confirming the transfer:

6-6-2018 .jpg 

I know that this can be frustrating, especially as you said that the payments your wife sends you are instant. When a payment or purchase is made using an instant transfer from a bank, PayPal actually pays it  to make it appear instant so you don't have to wait for your item to ship. What happens behind the scenes is that we have to wait for the bank transfer to complete, and we are able to offer this if there is a card listed as a back up payment method in the event the bank declines the payment: https://bit.ly/2JywsZi

A great example of this process is although a merchant is paid instantly when sending an instant transfer, the transaction itself usually won't show on the bank statement until the following business day. 

Most likely, this has already been resolved. From the time frame you provided in your post, I would assume that the money would have posted some time between May 23 and May 25th. I just wanted to provide this information both for you and for anyone else in the Community that may have the same concern. 

Please, if I am mistaken and the money has not reached PayPal, please contact us using the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page. In this situation we would need to work with your bank to request a trace be done. 

I know that's a lot of information, and I truly hope it helps to better explain why there is the delay. Again, I sincerely apologize for any frustration or any inconvenience it caused, and thank you for sharing your experience here.

Thank you,

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.