Transfer from bank account troubles!!!

pasc8
New Community Member

Hi everyone,

I've recently gotten PayPal and I wanted to transfer some $20 from my visa debit card onto my PayPal account as a quick trial. However, in doing so, I didn't know it would take a few days for the money to be transferred. This resulted in me redoing the same thing two times over as I thought it didn't show up due to dodgy internet or website glitch, so when I checked my visa debit account this morning it showed up as -$30!! I completely freaked out- I tried searching up how to cancel the transfer of money and to get the funds back, however the only solution was to select the 'cancel transaction' which was not there when I clicked on the activity tab. I really need the money back! Any suggestions of what I could do!?

Below is a visual of what happened: here's the visual of what happened...here's the visual of what happened...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pasc8 

You can't add funds to a paypal account via a debit card, only a linked bank account.

https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-paypal-account-from-my-confirme...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.