Transfer between accounts

Tim1601
New Community Member

My daughter has an Australian PayPal account with a balance. What is the cheapest way she can send me the funds into my Canadian PayPal account?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tim1601 

There are fees associated with sending/receiving money cross border (internationally). But no matter how you cut it, its certainly cheaper than sending by wire transfer through your bank.

She can send you the money with her PayPal balance as friends and family payment but there is a transaction fee, plus applicable currency exchange and conversion fees depending if she is paying in AUD or CAD. If she send in AUD, you will bare the brunt of the currency exchange and conversion costs upon receipt.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

She can also send the money as a goods and service payment with her PayPal balance but you'll be charged the standard PayPal fee, and she'll be charged applicable currency exchange and conversion fees depending if she is sending in AUD (she won't) or CAD (she will).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.