Transfer Paypal funds to Bank account

robert2112
Contributor
Contributor

So I've had a paypal account for years, though haven't used it. finally , i've been paid into my paypal account, though cannot see a "Transfer Funds" below my balance, as it says in all transfer instructions. I need to transfer my monthly pay (paid into paypal) into my foreign bank account. Where is this Transfer option and why can't I find it ? * my bank account is already linked to paypal * 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@robert2112

Refer to my very first post on this thread.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@robert2112 wrote:

So I've had a paypal account for years, though haven't used it. finally , i've been paid into my paypal account, though cannot see a "Transfer Funds" below my balance, as it says in all transfer instructions. I need to transfer my monthly pay (paid into paypal) into my foreign bank account. Where is this Transfer option and why can't I find it ? * my bank account is already linked to paypal * 

Is the foreign bank account a US Bank account? For Colombia PayPal, you can only add US bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

robert2112
Contributor
Contributor

My preferred bank account is not US. Would you advise me to create a new paypal account , or is there a way to change from Colombia ? (I haven't been there since 2015) 

Login to Me Too

robert2112
Contributor
Contributor

So I created the paypal account when I was in Colombia years ago, is there a way to change this, or should I create a new paypal account ? I don't often use my US bank account, and this would be very inconvenient 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@robert2112

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

The only exception is U.S expats can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts (paypal is a U.S company so they allow their citizens to do this).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

robert2112
Contributor
Contributor

Ok thank you very much. I am a US citizen, and so you mean that it only includes my US bank account while I'm in another country, as opposed to other foreign bank accounts ? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@robert2112

It means that you would still have to open a paypal account in the country you are in etc etc BUT you can also add a US bank account to that countries account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

robert2112
Contributor
Contributor

ok great. now one more issue : my account says I am Colombian (I am not) because I opened the account while in Colombia. am i correct to assume there is no way to change this, other than making a new account ? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@robert2112

Refer to my very first post on this thread.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jkoep
New Community Member

Thank you for this info. I have a specific question regarding this topic. Daughter is doing a summer work-study in Europe. She is being paid via PayPal since it is a work study program. She is a US citizen and opened this PayPal account here in the US. She will be staying in Europe for a year and we would like her to be able to transfer the funds in Euros to her French account. If she opens a new PayPal account in France, it sounds like you are stating she will be able to transfer funds to the French bank account. Just making sure I am understanding correctly. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.