Tracking

Nadine_29
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I have been offered a price for my phone. I want to request payment. At which stage do I add the tracking info? Can I request payment now, then add the tracking info tomorrow and still be safe? I am worried the buyer may say they did not receive the product and PayPal will not release the funds even though I have sent it. Thank you Nadine
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nadine_29

Ship only after you see a payment transaction in your PayPal account (PayPal funds hold or not). Click transaction for details. 

Invoice buyer for phone (be sure to thoroughly describe the phone, if it is not, the buyer can file dispute as not as described).

Make sure you have received payment by logging onto your PayPal account. Once payment appears in your PayPal account either as a PayPal 21 day hold or in your available balance, ship your item/buy your postage label through the payment transaction so the tracking number will be added automatically or take it to the post office and get tracking number and insurance, recorded delivery, whatever, and  add tracking number.

Since smartphones are magnates for scams, anything weird that the buyer communicates to you, like using a non-paypal payment processor in order for funds to be released to your PayPal account, is a clue that it is a scam or you can come back in here and ask.

Read this for how to qualify with your sale:

11. Seller Protection Programme

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nadine_29

Ship only after you see a payment transaction in your PayPal account (PayPal funds hold or not). Click transaction for details. 

Invoice buyer for phone (be sure to thoroughly describe the phone, if it is not, the buyer can file dispute as not as described).

Make sure you have received payment by logging onto your PayPal account. Once payment appears in your PayPal account either as a PayPal 21 day hold or in your available balance, ship your item/buy your postage label through the payment transaction so the tracking number will be added automatically or take it to the post office and get tracking number and insurance, recorded delivery, whatever, and  add tracking number.

Since smartphones are magnates for scams, anything weird that the buyer communicates to you, like using a non-paypal payment processor in order for funds to be released to your PayPal account, is a clue that it is a scam or you can come back in here and ask.

Read this for how to qualify with your sale:

11. Seller Protection Programme

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.