Tracking info

Vickyconnelly
New Community Member

I’ve just made my first sale on depop and I’ve got the payment through to my paypal and now it’s asking for tracking info. I was hoping to send the parcel 2nd class delivery without tracking. Would a reference number from a certificate of posting do the same job? Or would it have to be tracked delivery?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Vickyconnelly,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community forum!

In general, we always recommend shipping the items that you sell with a tracking number. We recommend this for different reasons: 

• Early release: only if you ship the item with a tracked service you could be eligible for an early release of your funds if the payment has been placed on hold for your first sales. Here is more information;
  • Disputes Protection: if a buyer files a claim for an Item Not Received, we would be able to cover the payment under our Seller Protection policy if you provide a tracking number. Here is more information.
  • Chargeback Protection: if a buyer disputes the payment with the card issuer, we can only try to protect you if you provide a tracking number showing that the item has been delivered to the seller. Here is more information. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.