Totally Disgusting Service!!!

peed_off_pete
Contributor
Contributor
I’m a new user, so far almost half of all my sales transactions on eBay have resulted in me having to make contact with PayPal to prompt release. I’ve been told on numerous occasions that within 24hrs of a customers receipt of an item, funds are released. That’s simply a lie. Today, more than 24hrs later and me messaging and calling PayPal since 7am, I have had not ONE reply or spoken to an operator. Slow service from COVID is one thing, being ignored is out of order. The transaction has been completed (I only EVER use a tracked service) positive feedback left, yet funds are still on hold. There really isn’t ANY excuse!!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@peed_off_pete 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.

If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 1 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/pending-payments?id=4...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

peed_off_pete
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, but PayPal claim the release of funds is initiated by the tracking showing the item has been received by the recipient. As the tracking is showing on PayPal, there’s clearly sharing of that information. If it’s an automated release (as assured by customer services) the system must have a glitch, it’s very hit and miss. IF this was an eBay issue, then that’s for me to resolve with them, however, not one reply or acknowledgment from PayPal really isn’t customer friendly.
Login to Me Too

peed_off_pete
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve just checked the link, it’s definitely a PayPal hold.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.