Three Steps to be Considered a New Seller

__ji__
Contributor
Contributor

So Paypal places a hold on my received payments for at least 7 days and this is because I am not yet considered as a NEW SELLER. And for me to be considered one, I need to meet the three qualifications:

1. Complete 5 transactions without any disputes, claims or returns

2. Receive at least $100.00 USD as payment for goods and services

3. Wait 60 days from the date you receive your first payment

From the time that I received this notification, I received more than the required amount and number of transactions without any disputes, claims or returns already but the progress is NOT showing. But for the third step, which is 'to wait for 60 days', the progress is showing.

Now, 2 days ago was the 60th day. I assumed that once I completed the 3 steps, the first 2 steps that did not show the progress will show completed as well and I will be considered a new seller already. But they did not show completed. And here I am, can't still have an access to my funds because I'm afraid that when I start making withdrawals, they will restart everything. 

Is there anyone that could tell me if I am missing something?

I would probably reach out to Paypal's customer service later and will post their answer here. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

daniellance
Contributor
Contributor

Any updates on this issue? Thanks

Login to Me Too

__ji__
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, @daniellance!

Sorry if you have the same issue as mine. So here's what happened.. Since I got no help from anyone on PayPal, I just withdrew my money and fortunately, the progress of my 3 qualifications did not restart. I just decided not to care about their qualifications anymore and I kept on withdrawing my funds. And on December 19, 2018, I received an email saying, "Congratulations! You are now an established seller!" And that's it. 

I know I did not give any advice (just my experience) but I hope this helps you. 

Login to Me Too

daniellance
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @__ji__

How long since you've been using paypal before you become an established seller? Currently I'm 3 months on paypal. Thank you

Login to Me Too

__ji__
Contributor
Contributor

@daniellance, I think, 4 months..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.