This card cannot be linked. Please try a different payment method.

Halo500
New Community Member

Whenever I attempt to link my VISA credit card (not debit card; my debit card is already linked) I receive the error message: "This card cannot be linked. Please try a different payment method." I've already Google searched this and everything points me back to the Help Page which I've checked all of the bullet points already. I do not have any another PayPal account that the credit card could be linked to, the address is correct, and have called my bank's customer service and have been clarified that there is no issue(s) with my credit card.

I'm not too sure if there's another underlying issue with just PayPal themselves or what. I live in CA, USA, so I don't think it's an issue like no MasterCards allowed from Romanian accounts, etc. I emailed customer service and of course receive an automated reply from a bot copy-and-pasting the same bullet points within the Help Page. And still no actual reply from an actual human being after sending the second reply to the automated bot message.  If anybody has any experience with this before with a solution, it would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.