Things don't appear to working right now error message

fearlessirma
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I just set up a business account; this is required for me to get paid from a specific affiliate program. I have followed the steps to get set up and my banking information is confirmed and I received an email from Paypal as such.

Now when I try to add funds, I get all the way to end and I get this error message: Things don't appear to working right now

I live in Canada and I have had a personal paypal account for many years. I was using my personal paypal for receiving payments from affiliate products, but when I was adding my details for a new product, I was required to set up the business account.

The issue may be that my personal paypal has a different email address than my business account, which is what I want. However, when I was applying for the business account, it said I could have a different email address. Unless I misunderstood?

Does anyone have any ideas? I mean real ideas based on real solutions, not guessing.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @fearlessirma,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

In general, an email address can only be used on one PayPal account. For this reason, if you have a business account and a personal account, you would need two different email addresses. You do not need to add funds to your balance to make a purchase or to send a payment. If you still want to do so, though, you can try clearing your cache and cookies, deleting your browser history and waiting for 48 hours without accessing your account to let the system reset. This may help you solve the issue!

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

fearlessirma
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried that...several times. In fact I just tried it again...just in case. But no, I still cannot add funds.

Other ideas?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Randy

@fearlessirma,

I recommend contacting our customer service teams for further assistance.  You can click 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any of our pages to get a phone number to reach us at, or you can contact us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/askpaypal) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PayPal). We would be happy to take a look at what options might be available to you.

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.