Things don't appear to be working right now - withdraw problem

Frosinche
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I have been using PayPal for many years, but today when I tried to withdraw funds to my Visa card, I got this error - Things don't appear to be working right now. I am using EURO as my primary currency. 

Please help me,

Thanks,

Frosina

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @Frosinche,

Oh no! Typically, not being able to withdraw funds is related to a restriction on your account or our internal security blocking the process. When you log in do you see a notification at the top right over the bell icon? You can also check your Resolution Center to see if there's a limitation there. Otherwise, if the issue is related to our internal security, you'll need to contact us by phone, Facebook, or Twitter to see what options we have to help. 

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

ecaii29
New Community Member

Hi I'm having this issue right now. I can't seem to send money to my paymaya card. Can you please help me? I can't even reach anyone in the customer service. I'm so frustrated right now. I really need the money.

Login to Me Too

Ced1kyman
Contributor
Contributor
Was this resolved for you? I'm having this issue now, and those results are clueless.
Login to Me Too

Frosinche
Contributor
Contributor

This is what they said to me:

Call our customer care helpline on (<removed>) from 8.00am to 4.30pm GMT Monday to Friday.

This will be the quickest way to solve your issue, as we can authorise your withdrawal while you are on the line.

Login to Me Too

EszterAnna90
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! I am having the same problem right now. I have money in my account and when I try to make a transfer to my bank account is just gives me the error message “The system does not seem to be working right now”. Interestingly, I have also made a transfer of a smaller amount on Saturday and it went through just fine. I have been trying for hours today, but nothing happens. Is there any chance it is a technical issue (maintenance of some sort), or am I doing something wrong? Should I just wait and give it another try? Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Drew

Hi @EszterAnna90

It does sound like our security system is blocking this. I would recommend following the above steps by Ashley to reach out to our customer service team. Sorry if this creates an inconvenience. 

Regards, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Phil145
New Community Member

I have been having the same problem for over 2 weeks now. I am trying to refund money to someone who made a purchase of an item that was mistakenly listed. I tried to cancel but was unable to before the buyer paid. Every time I try to refund, I get an error. My funding source has the money to do the refund but Paypal  won't let me. FIX THE PROBLEM ASAP!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

adrianTNT
Contributor
Contributor

The error appears when you try to withdraw from USD balance to a card that has USD balance associated (or EUR to EUR in your case). 

Basically when PayPal cannot charge you the absurd conversion fees, then you get an error instead of your money. 

The other convenient trick they do is to hide your card when you try to withdraw and only show other cards in other currency, so you are charged conversion fees if you use those.

Login to Me Too

shbajgora

I have this problem also!

Does someone fix this ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.