There is no option for me to add my debit card, automatically goes to credit card

meadowsharry
Contributor
Contributor

I'm from NZ and we use both debit and credit cards here, but PayPal automatically chooses credit card. I contacted PayPal multiple times and they're giving me a serious copy and past answer with no help whatsoever. Hopefully PayPal fixes this because I'm trying to get it verified so I can purchase things and redeem points to cash from survey websites that only accept verified accounts, and a bank account doesn't make your account verified apparently. Please give proper advise and help, PayPal.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@meadowsharry 

Sadly you don't. 

For security reasons, you can only link a card that has a card verification number (also known as a CSC code). We ask you to enter the card verification number when you link the card to your PayPal account.

https://www.paypal.com/nz/smarthelp/article/why-should-i-link-a-bank-account-or-a-card-to-my-paypal-...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

meadowsharry
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! Thanks for replying, but that doesn't help me. My debit card doesn't have a CSC so I can't add it. How do I add it without a CSC?
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@meadowsharry 

Sadly you don't. 

For security reasons, you can only link a card that has a card verification number (also known as a CSC code). We ask you to enter the card verification number when you link the card to your PayPal account.

https://www.paypal.com/nz/smarthelp/article/why-should-i-link-a-bank-account-or-a-card-to-my-paypal-...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

meadowsharry
Contributor
Contributor
Oh, ok. Thank you. That is the most straightforward answer I have been given as to how or why I can't add my debit card
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.