The amount you requested doesn’t cover the fee. Please withdraw more money.

ajay3134
New Community Member

I'm trying to deposit 25.00 into my bank account using the instant option. I am getting an error msg when I try to do so though saying

"The amount you requested doesn’t cover the fee. Please withdraw more money."

What am i not understanding here? I thought the fee was only 1 percent of the transaction.

Is there a minimum I need to withdraw for the instant option?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

PayPal_Gwen

Hi @ajay3134,

Thanks for reaching out. Since it's been a couple of days from your original post, I hope that you were able to finally transfer your balance. I'd recommend referring to this article on how you can transfer money to your bank account, which includes a link to all relevant fees for withdrawals.

Thanks,

Gwen

Login to Me Too

JuliaKas
Contributor
Contributor

I discovered that this problem is only when I transfer money from USD account to RUR bank account (it is the only option for Russia, though Paypal exchange rates are very expensive). It began when Paypal increased its fees for exchange. And though I have enough money for those fees on my acc, I guess some technical problem arose when Paypal changed something in the software. They always have problems in such situations.

Login to Me Too

jblans
New Community Member

I am getting that message and had used the card on over a dozen bank transfers previously, including one earlier the day I started receiving the message. Never changed any of my account/card info. What fee is this message referring to?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @jblans,

Thanks for reaching out! We charge a 1% fee for transfers going to your credit / debit card. You can find more information about that fee in the Help Center article referenced in the above post from Gwen. If you're running into issues making that withdrawal, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support to dive into that issues a bit more in-depth. 

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

JuliaKas
Contributor
Contributor

I have this problem to, and I found out that it relates with exchange fees: after Paypal increased them, it is impossible for me to transfer USD from paypal account to RUB bank account in Russia, though I had no problems with it in the past (and the problem is that there is no other option to transfer money in USD to Russian bank, and it is the only way I can use them, because I don't usually use paypal account at online shops, etc. And there is no possibility to convert USD to RUB at paypal account).

There is something wrong with exchange software at Paypal. Many people faced it in August, and Paypal still keeps silence, as I understood.

Login to Me Too

I just have 15$ and i cant withdraw my money

Login to Me Too

dgraham1
New Community Member

All the replies to these posts are irrelevant computer related responses. PayPal Please!!! Give us an intelligent response. Our money is locked up in your defective system and we are not happy about it. We do not want a stupid irrelevant computer generated response. We want an intelligent and relative response from a real human being. Seriously!!!

Login to Me Too

Atlas04
Hey i had to fix my debit card information .i had to add my apartment number .idk why before it would let me transfer and then i had the same issue I'm refering to the fee issue .i recommend just updating your card info even if you think you have it correct .now i can transfer my money. good luck
Login to Me Too

MitchGayns
New Community Member

This seemed like a potential solution...except I get a "Unable to Update Card at this time" message when I even try and do this! So EFFING Frustrating. They literally have the last of my money being held hostage in cyberspace. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.